Coconut Milk Recipe
This is part two of my coconut milk recipe pages. You can find the first page, how to make coconut milk, here.
Disclosure: Some links on this page may be affiliate links meaning, at no additional cost to you, I may get a commission if you make a purchase. Thanks for your support in this way!
2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
4 cups filtered water
1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional--leave unflavored for savory recipes like curry)
A sweetener, to taste, such as:
Raw Honey (perfect for the GAPS diet, a crossover on THM)
Stevia (keeps the recipe an “S” on THM) (also optional--leave unflavored for savory recipes like curry)
How to Make Coconut Milk: Directions
- Measure a little over 4 cups of filtered water.
- Pour it into a pan, and heat it till it is very hot, but not boiling.
- As the water is warming, measure out 2 cups of unsweetened, flaked coconut.
- Add the warm water and flaked coconut to the blender.
- Blend well, for a few minutes, on high.
- When the mixture is thoroughly blended, pour the liquid through a strainer, to remove the fiber. You may want to add a layer of cheesecloth or an un-bleached coffee filter inside the strainer, to remove even more of the fiber. With our Vitamix, I do not find this extra step to be necessary. (And my children prefer to leave the fiber in, and blend it longer. I like it best strained.)
- Pour the strained liquid back in your blender, and add vanilla and sweetener to taste.
- Once you are happy with the taste and consistency, you are ready to use your coconut milk!
- Unless you cleaned your kitchen tools as you went, remember to wash them. It is much easier to do it right away. But I’m sure *you* don’t need a reminder like this!
This will last a few days in the refrigerator. If you want it to last longer, consider using an ice cube tray to freeze it. The cubes defrost faster than if stored in a larger container, and would be great in smoothies, too!
Get more delicious Gluten Free/Paleo recipes like this to feel better! Click "Next" now!
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support this website, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Thanks for understanding!
Return to top of Coconut Milk Recipe
Wellness and Workouts
Coconut Milk Recipe